post to Facebook from iOS does not show image until ‘refresh share attachment’ is used
Can anyone help with this problem?
Images are not showing on Facebook posts made from iOS devices until the ‘refresh share attachment’ feature on the Facebook post is used.
- Using branch in Phonegap, on iOS
- We are using DeepViews
- Share item to Facebook on iOS
- open Facebook and refresh
- Post is shown but without image
- On post use option ‘refresh share attachment’
- Image now appears
- This only happens when posting from iOS
- When viewing the iOS posted content on any platform only the image is missing until ‘refresh share attachment’ is used
Thanks in advance!
Can you please create a ticket for our integrations team here?
Thanks for writing in and sorry to hear that you were facing this issue!
My name is Agrim and I work with the Integration team at Branch. Unfortunately, this is a bug we have discovered recently where Facebook does not scrape the OG tags for links that are generated through the Branch SDK. There is little that we can do about this since this is a bug on Facebook’s native app side, however, we are trying to see if there is a workaround this. I will keep you updated if we find something.
I’m having the same issue. Any way to get the created link?
You can have Facebook scrape the url right after the link is shared.
I’m using the showShareSheet method and I know the callbacks don’t work on iOS so I’m trying to figure out how to get the link then do a Facebook API call to re-scrape the page. See here
Could be a good workaround for now.